When you share images on Snapchat, the application deletes them after some time. You might be interested in an image and want to save it. The best solution is to take a Snapchat screenshot. The only problem is that the app alerts the owner of the image that you saved. You can still cheat the system and take a screenshot without alerting the other party. Here is a guide on how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
- Use a built-in screen recorder
Your Android or iPhone comes with an in-build screen recorder. If you go into your phone’s settings, you will easily find this feature. It allows you to screen record anything on your screen and save it for later use. If you are still wondering can you screenshot on Snapchat, here is the trick to do it.
For Android users, follow this trick.
- Swipe your screen from the top to open the Notification Panel
- Scroll and open Quick Settings
- Scroll to find the Screen Record button
- Open the icon to take a screenshot.
If you are new to the iPhone, it is easy to learn how to take a screenshot on iPhone. The most common method people use is to press the home button. However, there are other ways to screenshot on iPhone. The best way to know how to screenshot without the home button is to try different methods. For instance, you can take an iOS screenshot by connecting your phone to a Mac. You may also use another phone to take a photo or a third-party app.
For iPhone users, follow this trick.
- Open your phone’s Settings
- Scroll to Control Center
- Scroll and open Customize Controls
- Tap the screen recorder to add it
- Take your screenshot.
- Do screen mirroring
You might be asking, does Snapchat notify when you screenshot a story? The truth is, it will notify the other person regardless of what you screenshot. You can trick the app by using screen mirroring. In this method, you need to sync your phone to your computer or TV. Here’s the trick to use.
- Open the image that you want to screenshot
- Sync your phone to your computer or TV
- Swipe your phone’s screen and tap Screen Mirroring
- The image will be cast or Morrie to the TV or computer
- Use a separate device and record the image. Save the image and share it
- Screenshot with Google Assistant
If you have an Android phone, you can use Google Assistant to screenshot snap story. You will have a high chance of recording without the other person ever knowing. The only difference is that your image will be saved in your email. You have to download it from there and then share it. Here is the process to follow.
- On your phone, open Snapchat
- Select the image you want to take a Snapchat screenshot
- Go to the home button and long-press it.
- It will open Google Assistant. Tap OK, Google
- It will open Google Assistant
- Speak to Google Assistant to take a screenshot. You may also type this command.
- Take a photo using another phone
Another trick to take a screenshot of chat is to use another phone. You may use an iPhone or Android to do the task. Ensure the phone you are using can take a good quality photo that you can share. Here are the steps to follow.
- Have the phone with Snapchat and another to take the shot.
- In the phone with Snapchat, open the image that you want to screenshot
- Open the camera of the other phone and customize the best settings
- Zoom perfectly and take a photo of the screenshot displayed on other phone
- Save it and share it
- Switch on airplane mode
When you tap airplane mode, you will disable Bluetooth, data, and WIFI. That means your app will not be able to track your activity. This method is simple.
- Open the application and the image that you want to screenshot
- Turn on Airplane mode ensuring your Bluetooth and WIFI are off too
- Take the screenshot
- Force stop the app and clear the cache
- After saving your screenshot, you may reactivate the app and remove the airplane
In the past, you could take screenshots of Snapchat images, videos, or stories and no notification would be sent. Today, the developer added a feature that notifies the owner after every screenshot. Users have managed to be creative and find ways to trick the system on this. You can use the inbuilt app, another phone, mirroring, or Google Assistant.